Monday, August 2, 2010

Enjoying the fruits of my labors

It was such a beautiful evening, I had to go outside on the terrace, and then I was compelled to take some pictures.  So nice!
If the building weren't there, we would probably see the Washington  Monument.

Facing Westish, with Ballston in the background

facing Northeast, with National Cathedral on the horizon

looking at the terrace doors


our fountain, and the materials for my next project - a cat tree

It was fortunate that I was nutty and dragged these rocks from Michigan to Cincinnati to Blacksburg and now to Arlington.  Without them, I would have lost this crepe myrtle tree in one of several violent storms we have had this summer.  When the sun goes down, the entire terrace is bathed in light from these copper solar lights.  

2 comments:

SangriaMonster said...

This is so beautiful! It looks like a magazine spread.

Renovationbloviatrix said...

thanks! I have to agree and add that the pictures don't do it justice. my little flat "green-roof" boxes are growing like mad and spilling over onto the pavers so they look even better now, too.