Monday, April 26, 2010

Keeping Cats From Falling 11 Stories, part 2

Today I cut 10-foot lengths of copper pipe into 32" pieces.
These will be the decorative part of the legs for the fence around the terrace.



The hardware guy pointed out the little tool for cutting the pipes and said it would be easy.  He wasn't kidding.   You just mark the length you want to cut, clamp this tool around the pipe, and then swivel it around and around.  After a few rotations, you tighten the clamp a bit more, and in a few minutes, the pipe is cut with a nice straight edge.










I needed a minimum of 21 pieces, but I cut about 5 extras, just in case I need them.

I also have a bunch of  remnants that are about  4 inches shorter.  I will figure out something to do with them after I assemble the fence.   I have a new hobby looming on the horizon making something out of copper pipes.  Besides fencing.

No comments: